Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Economic class application

I have been contemplating the use of this technology (as I attempt to master it), and I believe that I would incorporate this tool into my economics classroom.  As I teach students ages 10 - 20 years, this would provide them with a forum to ask questions of one another, pose questions to me for clarification, allow for links to study articles and online textbook help, etcetera.  Eventually, economists could be invited into the ongoing discussion of things such as demand and supply economics, consumer education, and the like.  This would allow for the learning to continue on beyond the traditional classroom setting and create "global" learners.

1 comment:

  1. I especially love your idea of incorporating actual economists into the blogging discussion. Would you have formal posts written by students? Would you be in charge of seeking out economists to read and respond to student work or would you require students to seek this feedback?

    ReplyDelete